This post is sponsored by VSL#3®
I started my blog many years ago when I tried out the paleo diet to help manage lifelong IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).
Currently, aside from sticking with foods that help me feel my best, I also make sure my morning routine includes a probiotic to help with my IBS symptoms – which I can happily report have been under control lately!
I always start out my morning with lots of water and a simple smoothie packed with lots of goodies. I’ve gotten lots of questions about the recipe I use – you can find it here!
The Probiotic I Use to Help Manage IBS
With my daily smoothie I make sure to take my VSL#3®! It’s the probiotic my gastroenterologist has always recommended to help me manage my IBS.
Putting good food in your body and fitting in movement every day are great to keep your gut health balanced of course. But adding VSL#3® high-potency probiotic to your daily routine can also help keep your digestive health in check!
VSL#3® is a probiotic medical food formulated for the dietary management of ulcerative colitis (UC), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), or an ileal pouch.
It provides advanced probiotic support with a combination of 8 strains of bacteria as well as a high colony forming unit (CFU) count. This helps more “good” bacteria survive the GI tract to have a beneficial effect.
Many other probiotics found on the shelf are single strain probiotics. I did not realize this! VSL#3® Capsules (112.5 billion CFU) have about 10 times more bacteria than the leading commercially sold OTC probiotic* giving your gut more of the healthy bacteria it needs to ward off the bad.
*Compared to Culturelle and Align
All strengths of VSL#3® require refrigeration to ensure the live bacteria remain alive and maintain potency. Because of this, when you order online, VSL#3® is shipped cold, in a cooler with ice packs to preserve product potency. Y
ou can shop directly on www.vsl3.com and enter the code TRYVSL3 at checkout to save $5! VSL#3 is also available at retail locations & independent pharmacies nationwide.
VSL#3® come in capsule form or unflavored packets. It can be consumed with or mixed in cold water or a cold, non-carbonated beverage, or a cold food, such as yogurt or apple sauce. This makes my smoothie perfect!
VSL#3® products should not be mixed with hot beverages or hot foods as high heat inactivates the live bacteria found in the product.
More Info On VSL#3®
- VSL#3® high-potency probiotics are lactose, gluten and soy free, are non-GMO verified and certified Kosher.
- It is important to consult with your healthcare provider to determine the appropriate dosage and length of therapy for your condition. It may take up to 1 month for the colonization of the gut to become optimally stable.
- VSL#3® Capsules and VSL#3® Unflavored 450B Packets are available for purchase without a prescription on www.vsl3.com.
- VSL#3® is available at all retail chains and independent pharmacies. VSL#3® is kept refrigerated behind the pharmacy counter so ask the pharmacist.
- Discounts on VSL3.com:
- When ordering online at www.shop.vsl3.com enter the code TRYVSL3 at checkout to save $5
- Receive free shipping on VSL#3® 2-packs at www.shop.vsl3.com
For more info and tips to manage IBS make sure to follow @vsl3_usa on Instagram!
VSL#3® is a probiotic medical food intended for the dietary management of ulcerative colitis (UC), irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), or an ileal pouch. Use under medical supervision.