Admittedly it’s taken me awhile (in truth, YEARS!) to begin using cleaner, safer beauty products. Specifically – makeup!
Eating clean doesn’t always mean living clean and if you’ve cleaned up your household and personal care products already, you know it’s quite a journey to find things that really work for you and your family.
My biggest motivator has actually been my two girls starting to use makeup! They’re 12 and 11 now, and while they don’t use makeup for everyday use yet, they both have extensive collections.
Makeup right now is for dance performances and parties, but it’s a big part of their lives already. And, I felt it was my job to find safer products for all of us to use that live up to my standards for ingredients and performance.
I’ve been in the process of “cleaning up” all my personal care and makeup products for some time now, and I finally have a makeup routine that works for me – woohoo!
Not that I’m a huge makeup snob or anything, BUT I do wear a full face of makeup daily and have my preferences.
Enter Beautycounter as a Cleaner, Safer Option
Currently, I’m using all Beautycounter products and have been really impressed with both the company’s mission and standards, and the performance of the products themselves. So much so, that I finally decided to become a Beautycounter Consultant – something I resisted for quite awhile.
But hey – I found myself using the products every day, I believe in them and love them, and want to use the opportunity to share with all of you. Especially some of you who might still be where I was a year ago, wanting to clean up my routine but not sure where to start.
I’ll give you a rundown here of what I’m putting on my face on a daily basis below.
*P.S. I’m still using TULA for my skincare and love them. You can read this post for my skincare routine with TULA 🙂
My Clean Everyday Makeup Routine
- Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation in “Sand” – the perfect amount of coverage for me for everyday – definitely not too heavy! If you aren’t a fan of foundation everyday, the Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer is the way to go – it has SPF 20 too so great for summer! I have shade #2.
- Touchup Concealer Pen in “Light” – I follow up my foundation with concealer under my eyes and on blemishes and dark spots that the foundation doesn’t catch.
- Mattifying Powder – This is a translucent powder that keeps my oily skin from looking constantly shiny!
- Radiant All Over Bronzer in “Surf” – I’m a bronzer girl for sure, I’ll never give it up! I use this as contour on cheekbones and nose.
- Satin Powder Blush in “Nectar” – a really pretty peachy pink that would work for so many skin tones. I use it for a subtle glow after bronzer.
- Velvet Eyeshadow Palette in “Classic” – I use the color suede on my lids and creases and also sometimes line my eyes lightly with the shade sable. It has a good mix of matte and shimmer nudes!
- Color Define Brow Pencil in Medium – It has a pencil side and brush side and it’s probably the most perfect brow pencil I’ve ever used! Seriously obsessed with this one, I’m all about brows 🙂
- Volumizing Mascara – I’m super particular about mascara and have no doubt tried at least 20 different formulas over the years – this is a good one! I tried the lengthening one as well but the volumizing works SOOOO much better for me!
- Sheer Lipstick in “Lily” – it’s a neutral pink that I totally fell in love with the first time I tried it. Not too warm or cool and the formula is creamy and not thick.
- Lip Gloss in “Bare Shimmer” – Love this formula and color. I could use so many colors though! I love the blush shimmer so much too – the lip gloss comes in 12 colors.
Okay, now I’m feeling like I wear a ton of makeup every day, eek! But it actually takes me just 5-10 minutes to put everything on, so hey, it works!
If you’re more minimalist about your everyday makeup routine, the “Flawless in Five” is an amazing set to grab. The flawless in five includes:
- Tint Skin Hydrating Foundation OR Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer
- Touchup Skin Concealer Pen
- Color Define Brow Pencil or Brilliant Brow Gel
- Lengthening or Volumizing Mascara
- Satin Powder Blush
- Lip Gloss
All things I use anyway, this is truly a 5 minute face when you don’t have time or energy for anything more.
You can learn more and shop any and all things Beautycounter here –> https://www.beautycounter.com/michelerosen?goto=/&countryid=1&lang=en
Join my clean beauty email list to learn about new product launches plus the best deals and promos as they happen – click here to sign up!