These easy to make Paleo Mocha Coconut Macaroons are a deliciously decadent, yet healthy snack or post-workout treat! Made with wholesome ingredients, grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
I couldn’t be happier that Spring has finally shown itself around here, after what seems like MONTHS of dark, cold, and, um, a LACK of motivation to get out and run. I can’t be the only one who’s been dealing with this! A few years ago I would’ve laughed at my “laziness”, but, I’ve since found that sleeping when it’s dark has some appeal. As they say, the struggle (of winter fitness) is REAL!
Plus, there’s just nothing like those first few runs of Spring, when you don’t have to force yourself outside, but rather the weather makes it an actual pleasure to be out there, doing whatever it is you like to do. I’ve had a solid 2 weeks of consistent running and I already feel a boost in my body and mind.
It’s funny that even after just 2 weeks, I’m already noticing a increase in appetite. It’s a good feeling, if you like eating, that is. And does anyone NOT like eating?! Especially if we’re discussing yummy post-workout snacks such as these mocha coconut macaroons.
Cococnut macaroons are always made with egg whites, in fact, one of the reasons I hestiate to make them often is because it makes me sad to waste the yolks! I’m not sure why it never occurred to me to use 100% liquid egg whites as an alternative, but, I tried it out for chocolatey, mocha treats and it worked perfectly. Big score for AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites™!
Aside from just macaroons though, AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites has so much to offer for your baked goods, smoothies and more. AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites is a convenient source of lean protein – ideal for providing you the energy you need for everyday. You can use them in baked goods or whipped up into smoothies (and everything in between!) Additionally, AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites:
- Contains 100% real liquid egg whites
- Rich in protein
- Less than 1% carbohydrate content
- Each serving contains 5 grams of protein, 0 grams of fat and 25 calories
- Pasteurized for safety. You can enjoy AllWhites uncooked, in salad dressing recipes, shakes, smoothies, desserts like tiramisu and more, without concern for food borne illness.
Are you ready for more deliciously healthy news?! Because it’s GIVEAWAY time! One lucky winner will received a Caphalon Non Stick 12″ Omelet Pan w/ cover (this happens to be my go-to egg pan – love it!!)
To enter the giveaway, simply tell me in the comments section what your favorite omelette is! I’ll try not to keel over in extreme hunger reading all of your answers 🙂
Back to baking! What I really love about these macaroons, besides the fact that they’re super chocolately and healthy too, is how they come together in a blender or food processor fast, and are ready from start to finish in 30 minutes.
If you want to get triple chocolatey (I often do), you can even dip them (or drizzle them with) your favorite dark chocolate, melted with just a bit of coconut oil. Are you craving thse already?! I’m ready to bake! Let’s get going!
Paleo Mocha Coconut Macaroons
- 4 oz unsweetened organic baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp raw honey
- 2 cups finely shredded coconut
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp espresso powder (or, omit for a simple dark chocolate version)
- ¾ cup AllWhites 100% liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Optional melted dairy free dark chocolate, for drizzling
- Melt unsweetened baking chocolate with coconut oil in the microwave for 20 second increments, in glass bowl, stirring after each one, until nearly melted. Stir to melt completely.
- In a blender or food processor, process the shredded coconut with honey until combined, then, add in cacao and espresso powder, salt, vanilla, melted unsweetened chocolate mixture, and egg whites. Process until well combined.
- Line one or two baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, make 16-18 mounds on a large parchment lined baking sheet, they can be place close together since they don't spread.
- Bake in the 325 degree oven for 15 minutes, remove and cool on baking sheet. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired, and enjoy!
Remember to enter the giveaway for one Caphalon Non Stick 12″ Omelet Pan w/ cover – just let me know in the comments section what your favorite omelette is!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of AllWhites Egg Whites. The opinions and text are all mine.