- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced small (1/2”)
- 1 lb ground pork OR chicken, or beef
- Salt and pepper
- Spice mixture below OR 1 1/2 Tbsp Primal Palate Breakfast Blend
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 large honey crisp apple diced
- 3 cups kale chopped + 1-2 Tbsp water or broth
- 2-3 Tbsp ghee or coconut oil, for cooking
For this recipe, you’ll brown the meat separately from the potatoes, I like to do this in two skillets side by side, but you can also use the same one, browning the meat first and setting it aside.
Brown meat in about 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee, sprinkling with salt, pepper, and half the seasoning, once browned, set aside.
In a large skillet, add 1-2 Tbsp ghee and heat to med/hi. Add potatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper, cook about 2 minutes uncovered, stirring to brown.
Cover the skillet and lower heat to medium, cook another 3-5 minutes, stirring once midway, until soft. Uncover and add apples, kale and water or broth, then cove again and cook 1-2 minutes, uncover and sprinkle with remaining seasoning. Continue to cook another minute uncovered or until toasty.
Add browned meat to potato mixture and stir, cook another 30 seconds to warm and then remove from heat, serve right away. Enjoy!