Quick maple mustard chicken thighs that everyone in your family will love! Boneless skinless chicken thighs with a kid friendly paleo sauce cooked in a cast iron skillet, ready in 15 minutes! Serve over roasted sweet potatoes and your favorite veggies for the perfect weeknight meal.
Quick dinners are all the rage over here, and chicken thighs might as well be the air we breathe! Slight exaggeration? Okay fine, I’ll include grass fed burgers in there as well. Nothing like breathing in a chicken thigh and a burger at the same time, especially if it can be done in under 20 minutes!
So what was I talking about? Quick dinner recipes, I did not forget. Marinades are fine and the slow cooker is great too, but you see, I have no memory sometimes and both of those things require planning ahead, remembering the plan, and carving out time in the morning to act on that plan. So I hear you, I might just be lazy. But maybe I just prefer to live on the edge when it comes to flavoring my meat. Some days you just don’t want to commit 8 hours in advance, or more.
So this recipe was born. Out of laziness and a desperate desire to branch out from just butter and salt. Look, I love butter (and ghee), and that’s why I kept it in the recipe. But it’s spruced up now, and we like. We all liked it a lot! And asked for seconds, which will have to happen next week, because there are 5 of us after all and we’re all damn hungry.
Quick Maple Mustard Chicken Chicken Thighs
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp ghee or pastured butter
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- Extra dash of salt
- Heat a large, heavy skillet (like cast iron) over med/med-hi heat
- In a small bowl, combine the ghee or butter, maple syrup, mustard, lemon juice, and salt. Mix well until smooth
- Coat the bottom of the skillet with about a tbsp of the mixture. Add each chicken thigh to the pan without overlapping, and sprinkle the tops with an extra dash of salt. Then, spoon a little of the mixture over the top of each piece of chicken
- Continue to cook for about 5 minutes on the first side until browned, then flip. Any leftover maple mustard mixture can be brushed over the chicken as it finishes cooking.
- After both sides are browned and cooked through, remove from heat and serve with your favorite sides, or over a salad. Enjoy!
What’s your favorite easy weeknight meal?