Break out of a tuna recipe rut with this healthy and quick Paleo Tuna Salad with Avocado, Bacon, and Chipotle Aioli! Serve over your favorite salad greens for a healthy meal packed with savory flavor, spice, and the right amount of creaminess. Gluten free, dairy free, Paleo, high protein, low carb.
When I first started eating Paleo – especially after I figured out Paleo mayo – making Paleo tuna salad was a huge thing for me. Slowly but surely though, I gravitated away from tuna, simply because I was bored with it.
But, I think it’s like the saying “you’re not bored – you’re boring” (you know, the comeback we have when our kids complain they’re bored?) I needed to stop making boring tuna salad and finally give it a much needed makeover! A flavor makeover, really.
Here’s the thing with this tuna salad. Not only is it NOT boring at all, it also looks fancy but is actually super quick to make – even if you don’t make the bacon or aioli ahead of time. If you do, however, get those two done ahead of time, this tuna salad literally comes together in just 2 minutes!
Because let’s be real – most of us would probably choose to spend our time eating rather than cooking when it comes to everyday meals. As much as I love to cook and bake, often (uh, when I’m hungry) I just want to sit down with a delicious meal and EAT. Bonus if we’re talking about healthy, nourishing food!
When we’re talking about healthy, quality food, Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore comes out on top! The difference between premium Solid White Albacore and Chunk Light Tuna is apparent as soon as you open the can. The firm texture, light color and fresh taste – Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore is purely delicious and adds a variety of nutrients to your meal – including lean protein, healthy fat and important vitamins and minerals. *see their website for full nutritional facts .
Bumble Bee® also offers responsibly wild-caught Albacore! Visit their website to learn more plus check out many more mouth-watering recipes to discover for yourself why Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™.
Paleo Tuna Salad with Avocado, Bacon, and Chipotle Aioli
- 1 egg
- ½ tbsp brown mustard
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp fine grain sea salt
- ½ tsp ground chipotle pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ cup light flavored olive oil
- Immersion blender
- 2 5oz cans Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore drained
- 4 slices nitrate free bacon (sugar free for Whole30) cooked until crisp, drained, and crumbled
- ⅓ cup finely chopped red pepper
- ½ medium avocado
- ¼ cup of the above recipe for Chipotle Aioli
- 1-2 tbsp fresh chives for garnish
- Extra squeeze of fresh lemon *
- Salad greens for serving
- Add all ingredients to a tall container with the olive oil being the last ingredient you add. Put the immersion blender in the container before turning on. Turn on and blend on high for 30 seconds, slowly raising the blender and then lowering to fully emulsify.
- In a large bowl, combine the albacore, chopped pepper, crumbled bacon, and avocado (cubed), Serve over salad greens and spoon desired amount of chipotle aioli over salad to serve, then top with fresh chives for garnish.
- Store leftover aioli covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Enjoy!
**You'll need an immersion blender <--What I use and love!
Do you have a favorite tuna salad recipe?
What’s one food or meal you eat regularly that needs a makeover?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.