These decadent and Chewy Double Chocolate Pecan Cookies will be your new favorite healthy cookie with the first bite! Plenty of dairy and soy free mini chocolate chips and chopped pecans inside a super chocolatey, brownie-like cookie. They’re gluten free, grain free, and Paleo.
Right now I’m drinking hazelnut herbal tea and eating my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fudge (which I made a new batch of yesterday), it’s raining, and I don’t have to pick anyone up for another hour and a half.
A moment of bliss, let’s pause.
Of course, by the time you are all reading this, I’ll be getting a “sausage tan” and yelling at everyone to brush their teeth while I spray dry shampoo on my roots and cover up my zits.
Did she just say sausage tan? Yes, I did, and I coined that term two nights ago at dinnertime, when Adam commented that I look like I’d gotten some color in my face that day.
At first I considered that maybe my wrinkle cream was irritating my skin, until I suddenly remembered that 3 minutes earlier I’d been fanning grease flames away from my face as I fried everyone’s favorite sausage in a huge cast iron skillet.
So no, I didn’t run away with the UPS guy for the day to a Caribbean Island, nor did I visit a tanning salon. I just cooked dinner and the sausage tan must be my gift. Maybe later I’ll go for a bacon tan and see which I like better.
But, back to these chewy double chocolate pecan cookies, which are the point of this whole post – and an awesome point they are! At first, I was going to make this recipe into brownies, but, I already have a brownie recipe that I want to remake, so, I don’t know, cookies just sounded more fun at that moment when I mixed the ingredients in a bowl. Magical.
There’s also just something about pecans this time of year, isn’t there? Or sweet nuts in general. I’m not a huge recreational-nut-eater but I do like some good sweet nuts covered in chocolate. That doesn’t sound strange at all so stop thinking it does! Should I talk about the mini chocolate chips instead? Or is it too late now?
Anyway, if you happen to have a moment this weekend to sample a new grain free treat, these chewy double chocolate pecan cookies will not disappoint, they are fool proof as far as I’m aware! They only lasted until the end of the day, and even did well standing up to leftover Halloween candy, which I bet all of you can appreciate. Just plain good, end of story.
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup smooth almond butter
- 2 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch fine grain sea salt
- ¼ cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chopped raw pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg with the almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet until fully combined and a smooth, thick batter results
- Lastly, stir in the mini chocolate chips and chopped pecans
- Form the mixture into small balls (about 2 tbsp each), flatten, and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. The cookies will rise/expand but not spread.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until just set. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a minute before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
What do you do when you get those moments of quiet bliss?
Ever had a sausage tan?
What are you excited for this weekend?